Holy Crow!
Star Wars is freaking awesome!
Yoda is an integral health master!
I didn't notice it until watching Star Wars V tonight.
Yes, I know, I'm a dork.
Seriously, hear me out on this one. In Star Wars V, when Luke is training with Yoda and running through the swamp, Yoda is steadily talking to Luke about clearing his mind and finding peace. He even tells Luke that is how he will be able to discern the Good Force from the Dark Force, when his mind is still and at peace. Yoda even guides him through meditations!
And all through the training, Luke acts like a ***** (insert word for female dog). Yes, I said it; Luke is a whiny heffer during all this enlightenment and inner development training. Remember the part where Yoda tells him to use the Force to bring his sunken fighter out of the bog? Then Yoda's most memorable line "Do or do not; there is no try".
He even lays more knowledge down after he resurrects the ship himself. Luke comes over to where Yoda is at and is completely baffled at what he has just witnessed. He says he can't believe it and Yoda replies "That is why you fail".
Can anyone else relate to this? I know I have fallen into this trap of not really believing in some of the ideas presented by this class. More specifically, the whole meditation thing (big surprise there, right?) Maybe that is why I am not doing that great with it; my belief isn't fully there. That probably sounds horrible, but I'm just being honest. Will I ever get over this doubt? I don't know.
Anyway, I wasn't really going for anything important with this post. I was just sharing a light bulb moment. Carry on, citizens.
TTFN: Tata For Now
-Mel
Mel, very eloquent and simply stated. I too was watching but i was commenting n ot on the relationship to the assignment but ninstead to just how bad that little guy was. I compared it to those ninja dwarves in the new snow white movie earlier this year. I do see how it relates and my sincere appreciation for your example.
ReplyDeleteMel,
ReplyDeleteI am a Star Wars freak...really!!!! I have often related what Yoda and Obi Wan have said to the teachings of this class. Actually I have used the similarities in my most recent assignment.
May the Force be with you....always
I liked your honesty on saying that you don't 100 buy into the things in this class. I think the problem for most is that it is SO left field, so unlike anything that any of us have been taught since we were born, that it seems gimmicky, or like it's something out of a Star Wars movie. The same as when a person really embraces a religion, or a certain walk of life, the power in their belief is what fuels it to work or not work. I for example have had some truly amazing, and quite a few things that I cannot explain happen to me in my life. Since I was a little boy, I've just known that we weren't told the whole story about life. You mentioned the guy in your healing was a monk of sorts. If you get a chance, YouTube monk demonstrations, and look at some of the amazing things these guys do as a result of their physical and meditation training. The feats these guys pull off are absolutely incredible.
ReplyDelete