Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Is my brain still in my head...or is it oozing out of my ears...?

I am pretty sure my brain is oozing...yep, it's oozing...that's not a mess I want to clean up.

Ok, Unit 10 blog...ugh...I am so done with blogging...

Back on point.  Looking back at my Unit 3 post, I can say that my numbers are pretty much the same for each area.  In my paper, I think I even rated myself at or near these numbers without even realizing it.  I don't really know what it means; I don't think it is a sign of non-growth.  It could just be me being still uncomfortable with rating myself...or just a weird coincidence.  If I had to choose an area where I think the number may have shifted a little higher, it would be the spiritual aspect.  I would probably put myself at a 5.5 because of the way the loving-kindness prayer makes me feel.  In this game, I think any step in the right direction is a good one.

As far as the practices I mentioned in my Unit 3 post, I am still doing them.  Tonight is Krav night actually.  I stayed home from Crossfit because I had a B**** of a final paper due.  I had to look at my nutrition from the viewpoint of a pregnant woman, a lactating, woman, and (of all things) a 70+ year old man.  Maybe I should have channeled my inner healer so he could shed some light on what it is like to be a 70+ year old man.  I still use my stress management techniques and I have to say that they are becoming more like a second nature.  Big plus for that.

I have taken to the loving-kindness prayer and still use it during my wods.  I also mentioned volunteering, but I haven't done anything in that area.  Would donating clothes count?  I am going to say yes.

As far as this course is concerned, I must say that it has been very enlightening.  It shed some light on things I need to work on (there is always something, is there not?) and how paying attention to every aspect of my life can bring me closer to wholeness.  There were challenges (please see past posts if you are unfamiliar with what these were for me lol), but all in all, I feel like I have grown a little more.  Hopefully, I will be able to carry this with me where ever we end up next.

Well, that is all that I really have to say.  Thanks to everyone who read my posts and commented.  I tried to make them interesting and fun.  I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!! 

This is Mel, saying for the last time: TTFN: Tata For Now

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    I hope you were able to get your paper finished. That does not sound like fun to have to put yourself in the shoes of a seventy year old male maybe a seventy year old women. That is great that you were able to look back at unit three and see that you are still doing the things you said you wanted to do. This class has taught me a lot about my mind and body and it seems to me that you have learned a lot also. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel,

    I have enjoyed your posts this term. ou sound like a very interesting individual. No doubt you are determined to live life as you see fit and that is great! Whether you decide it is meditation, prayer or just thinkin' real hard it is good to see you have seen how these concepts and practices may help you down the line. Take care and Peace.

    ReplyDelete